Thanks for taking time to catch up with us.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello the Farm

Anna in her cute valentine's day dress.
This is the garden with about half of it plowed.
These are the ducks before they filled the measure of their creation and became our bountiful harvest.
Chicken coop with ducks on the bottom.
These are the ducks only a few weeks old. They were so little and cute but man did they stink.


As many of you know we are now living in Queen Creek on just over an acre and have been busy on what I like to think of as the "little farm." Thus far we have chickens and ducks which we raised from little babies in the garage to constructing the palatial chicken coop to butchering all but two of the ducks and planning duck meat menus. I know, I know, why have I not been blogging all of this? Well now that I have a few weeks before the new baby arrives (oh yes, in case you didn't know a little boy Logan Brian is due to join our family in March) I figured I better post some pictures and updates so y'all can be entertained for a few moments. So on with the news. . .


We finished planting the garden. It is quite large although the exact dimensions escape my brain at the moment. We are so glad Emily is involved in this endeavor as she planted just about all of the seeds. Being this far along greatly hampers my up and down movements. And Emily will tell you it is definitely a work out for the legs. I planted the rest of the tomato and pepper transplants and Brian finished the last 2 1/2 rows of seeds in the sprinkling rain. It has now been raining off and on and we have a little green peaking up. We did loose some tomato plants to frost but we are replacing those and look forward to canning and eating lots of tomatoes.

No comments: