Thanks for taking time to catch up with us.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

kids, kids, kids

At last I can write something. I pulled up the screen to write my new post and hit the tab button apparently too many times after writing the title and I could not get my cursor to stay in the box and write. I am sure it was some computer mumbo jumbo or more likely operator error but anyway here I am. I thought I would talk about the kids for a few minutes. 

Anna just had her third birthday on March 26th.  For months before she would talk about her party and plan her party. She wanted a cake, candles, streamers, balloons, and a piñata. I asked what is in the piñata and she said "goodies" with an anticipatory gleam in her eye. Every day before nap and before going to sleep she would tell me, "all my friends are coming to my party." And remind me of all the things she wanted at her party. My parents came out to visit one day and the first thing out of  her mouth as they come in the door, "Are you here for my party? When it's my birthday I will have a party-but not yet, in my march."  She added the march part in after we repeatedly told her it was not her birthday yet and that it wasn't until march.  We had a great party for her and Logan complete with piñata and all. Of course a few days after the party she said, "Oh no! we forgot the party hats!"  And indeed she mentioned them several months ago but I forgot as the time drew near. I told her that next party perhaps we could wear party hats.  It was a dream come true to make her hat with Bennett for Bennett's mad hatter party. 

One morning
Me-"Anna, I am going to make waffles for breakfast. Do you want to help?"
Anna-"ooooh yeah. I'm a great mixer."
about ten minutes later
Me-"Anna do you want to help me set the table"
Anna-"ooooh yeah! I'm a great helper."

She is indeed. I am so pleased that she recognizes what a great helper she is.  She is so great with Logan. I love hearing her in the car talking with him and laughing with him.  If he is crying she says, "oh it's okay baby, we will be there soon."  Or "don't cry, mommy and daddy and Anna are right here."

Logan, Logan, Logan. What can I say about this sweet boy.  He loves to cuddle and will give high fives and kisses. This this morning he finally sort of waved but we have yet to have him do it on command.  He will say Hi and Bye to his Daddy mostly. He adores Brian.  Will always look for him and if I am holding him and am within spitting distance of Brian he will let go of me and dive for him.  He says da da da da da when he sees Brian and he and Anna run (well Logan crawls) for the door when Brian gets home.  He loves to be outside where all the action is and we hope that he walks soon so it will be easier to have him out there.   Logan has just about all of his teeth and I kinda hope the remaining few just make an appearance because he is unhappy when teething-like most babies-and I would rather just be done with it.   He is a little trooper and we are so blessed to have Logan and Anna in our home.  Despite the interrupted sleep and the complaining I do at times  I am so grateful for our wonderful children.

Smith Family 2011

Anna and Logan 2011

Roberts Family 2011

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Susanna thank you for the update on the kids. It is fun for me to know how everyone is doing. Anna sounds so sweet and kind and helpful I wish Katie could get a few lessons from her! I know what you are saying about teething Annie is going through that now and we are all sick of it. Your kids are so so cute! I say enjoy the crawling stage because once they walk literally nothing is safe anymore!

Stephen said...

ps that last post was from me Becky I guess I am logged in under Stephen's name!